This page is currently under construction. However, there are a few items of interest below:
- IMPORTANTTo gain access to the previous content of www.snc.edu/computerscience prior to August 2012,
please proceed to computer science. You will find
links to senior projects, paradigms and prerequisite structuress, programming standards,
and other information you once accessed via the front page of the CS discipline website.
Please let me (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you cannot reach what you are looking for.
- The operating system on compsci02 is a free clone of RedHat Linux called CentOS 5.5.
Documentation is available at CentOS-5 Documentation
- Users with accounts on compsci have been given accounts on compsci02 that use the same
login id as on compsci. (For example, Dr. McVey's login id is mcvebm and Dr. Pankratz's
id is pankdc)
- Users on compsci02 are authenticated by using the same password that you use
to access your general SNC email account. This is significantly different than it
was on compsci.(For example, Dr. McVey uses
the same password for compsci02 that she uses for email@example.com)
- Users with accounts on compsci that no longer have access to their SNC account
can apply for an SNC alumni account at
- All content from compsci has been migrated to compsci02. If you think
you are missing something, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An old summary of Linux/Unix commands can be found at commands. This
will be updated eventually.
- A summary of commands for the vi editor can be found at vi editor. This
too needs to be updated.
- If you would like connect to compsci02.snc.edu via a PC, you can do so via an PuTTY and choosing the SSH protocol. Use port number 7576.
PuTTY can be downloaded from putty.org
- If you would like to upload/download files to/from compsci02.snc.edu, you will need a secure ftp or scp client. Use port number 7576.
WinSCP can be downloaded at WinSCP News
- If you find broken links that on compsci02.snc.edu websites, please email email@example.com
the URL of the page and indicate which links are broken. Thanks!
CSCI 225 Projects
2012 - in progress
2011 - soon to appear