CS460 capstone project by Ryan Maier
The St. Norbert College Alumni Tracking System (SNC-ATS) will be a
net-based system that primarily collects input data from St. Norbert
graduates. This data should include general personal and
career-related information that will help current students gain insight
on possible future choices and will help faculty keep track of past
students while becoming better mentors and advisors. The
will utilize Visual Basic which will communicate with an Access
1. Analyze the system designed in 2005 in CS460 and BA345.
2. Primary users are computing faculty with Dr. McVey and Dr. Molnar as
3. Identify and follow an appropriate system software development
4. Test the system at all levels.
5. Use the CS major program as the prototype.
6. ATS contains administrator, alumni, and public access.
7. Alumni can edit some of their own data subject to preview.
8. The system must be expandable.
9. Use a database management system and SQL to access it.
10. The database must be normalized to Boyce-Codd normal form.
11. If the .net platform is used, system development must closely
follow Visual Studio 6 protocols.
12. Identify and verify user requirements.
13. Read about analysis issues from standard system development texts
and write feasibility, study,
and requirements reports to be
approved by the project leaders.
14. Construct DFD and ER diagrams that are approved by the project