Genetic algorithms can be used to generate computer art. The idea is to generate samples until the computer rendering closely matches the original image. Mosaics are images that are collections of smaller images.
Develop an application that builds a mosaic of little images so that it resembles an original picture.
- Use a collection of tile images that share a theme with the original. For example, a collection of different dogs in a mosaic that looks just like Dr. Pankratz's dog Abby.
- Use a genetic algorithm to find the best arrangement of tiles.
- Graphically display the state of good fit genomes with appropriate statistics that show progress toward the goal.
- The system should allow modification of parameters, operators, and probabilities.
- Add your own parameters to the genome.